[PD] Free samples somewhere on the net?

Spencer Russell spencer.f.russell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 14:22:55 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 6:57 AM, Pierre Massat <pimassat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I just got a brand new midi keyboard and i'm very excited! Anyway, i was
> wondering if anybody knows where i could find some good quality samples of
> electric keyboards (like the Rhodes), for free (yes, i m using Pd also
> because it is free and because i m not exactly a millionnaire, although i
> like it so much now that i don't think i'd use anything else if i were that
> rich. Anyways...).

If you're looking for soundfonts there're a lot at:
http://www.hammersound.net/

A lot of them are terrible, but there are quite a few usable ones in there.

To use them in FluidSynth (or using the QSynth front-end) you'll want
to get them in .sf2 format. Sometimes they're in .sfArk format, which
is a compressed format that I think you need to use a windows tool to
un-compress. It may work in wine, though.

-s