[PD] readsf~ error when reading .aiff

tim vets timvets at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 04:13:23 CEST 2010

2010/4/16 Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>

> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, Alexandre Porres wrote:
>
>  nevermind, seems the file is in a bad format for Pd, although it plays
>> elsewhere...cheers
>>

> nevertheless, that's a quite wrong error message, so, if a bad file format
> causes filehandles to be lost, that's a bug, and, if a bad file format
> doesn't cause filehandles to be lost, that's also a bug (in the reporting of
> the error).

I think this is a (known?) bug.
I've been struggling with it a while back.
I will also happen when you try to loop a file (take the 'done' bang and
have it open the file again and start playback) that doesn't exist.
I remember that it helped a little to tweak /etc/security/linmits.conf but
I'm not sure if it was a real solution.
Also I think it helps to have lots of RAM, but that's just a guess, because
I had the problem on a machine with less RAM and it went away on another
machine with more..., but than might have been a coincidence.
good luck
gr,
Tim