[PD] nusmuk_audio WAS: Max Smoother Audio than Pd?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 08:11:55 CEST 2010

--- On Thu, 4/15/10, Phil Stone <pkstone at ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> From: Phil Stone <pkstone at ucdavis.edu>
> Subject: Re: [PD] nusmuk_audio WAS: Max Smoother Audio than Pd?
> To: "PD list" <pd-list at iem.at>
> Date: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 7:49 PM
> In addition to disagreeing vehemently
> with your main point (Pd is good for little more than
> experimentation), I find this a piss-poor acid test for
> "music that sounds good":
>
> colet.patrice at free.fr
> wrote:
> > there is no such project that show how pd is cool to
> make people moving on the dance floor.

Phil- I dig music with compelling sounds, and I generally feel the
urge to move my body to music I dig.  One can use whatever
test one wants to hold up some music as "genuine," and the question "does
it draw people out onto the dance floor?" is just as valid as any other in
this regard.

But then if the point of the acid test is to demonstrate the strengths
of a visual programming paradigm for the rapid implementation of various
dsp techniques to generate music, I'd say the OP's test is quite a fitting
and effective "Hello World" for Pd.

-Jonathan