[PD] Zen Garden re-implementing the wheel in C++?

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Sat Apr 17 12:04:09 CEST 2010

> I'm excited about the idea of a more object-oriented approach, and
> especially with the idea of ditching all the Tk/Tcl garbage, but I
> don't really see the utility of re-implementing all the DSP graph
> code.

depending on their implementation, it may be possible to do click-free
changes of the dsp graph, which is the weakest part of the dsp engine of pd.
from my understanding impossible to fully eliminate audio dropouts when
changing max-like signal graph, since the implicit resource access order may
change, depending on the use case.

tim

tim at klingt.org
http://tim.klingt.org

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say
"I want to see the manager."
  William S. Burroughs