[PD] nusmuk_audio WAS: Max Smoother Audio than Pd?

colet.patrice at free.fr colet.patrice at free.fr
Sat Apr 17 15:11:14 CEST 2010

Roman,

//----------
//----- Mail Original -----
//De: "Roman Haefeli" <reduzierer at yahoo.de>
//À: "colet patrice" <colet.patrice at free.fr>
//Cc: "Mathieu Bouchard" <matju at artengine.ca>, "pd-list" <pd-list at iem.at>
//Envoyé: Samedi 17 Avril 2010 00h14:24 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Berne / Rome / Stockholm / Vienne
//Objet: Re: [PD] nusmuk_audio WAS: Max Smoother Audio than Pd?

//A djembé drummer says: "You cannot make dance music alone, you need
//other drummers as well". Patko says: "Making dance music requires
//advanced technologies". Roman says: "Where is the sine? I cannot dance
//without an [osc~ =<20]".

//----------

I'd say we won't dance without also trigging [osc~ 71]

//----------

>  Not to say that an instrument would sound better if there is a background image or such,
>  but the way we are accessing data and modulate them has a severe influence on inspiration.
>
>  At the end the best compromise I've found is like obiwannabe's work, where the patch is the piece.

//I guess I'm missing your point here. How does that relate to what you
//said above?

I say that because I and others tried to build some kinds of tools to group all the tools made with pd,
the only one I know that work is netpd, and wasn't satisfied of the result of a ton of work,
 because there is always something missing, but with grouping everything in a patch, it's possible to combine
all the necessary stuff needed by inspirations coming from different cultural influences.