[PD] Do not use OSCx. Use mrpeach's externals instead

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 13:30:09 CEST 2010

Roman Haefeli escribió:

> Do _not_ start to use the OSCx externals, since they are buggy and
> unmaintained. Use the OSC and net objects from mrpeach instead (packOSC,
> unpackOSC, routeOSC, udpsend, udpreceive etc). The OSCx externals are
> still there only for legacy reasons.

Ok thanks for warning. I will _not_ use them.

If a library or external that is obsolete or deprecated is included in
Pd-External, there should be a way for the user to know that.
I guess it has already been said a few times in the list, but when you
browse the extra folder (or the help browser) and you find an external
you don't usually do a search in the list archives to see if it is
deprecated...

A way could be to include help-patches (which are missing right now) and
put a comment that read "DEPRECATED" in each of them.

thanks
m.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette