[PD] nusmuk_audio WAS: Max Smoother Audio than Pd?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Apr 22 05:12:27 CEST 2010

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010, João Pais wrote:

> if you need a program to mix tracks in a session, then there's no point
> in even thinking of programming something like that in pd, just use any
> of the very good programs around.

There is a very simple and oft-overlooked point to reinventing such
programmes inside of pd : it gives you a mixing tool that becomes
endlessly reconfigurable, and it gives you components that are useful
inside of pd patches that aren't fundamentally about mixing.

I doubt that Pd users are the kind of people who use any ordinary tools
while NOT thinking : « hey, if I had this in Pd, I could be plugging
[whatever~] into it, or I could plug this mixer into blahblah.pd ».