[PD] External to get boxes' informations

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 22 12:16:01 CEST 2010

> for me, iemguts is something highly experimental (e.g. not something
> most people would use in their everyday life; but of course it's up to
> the people to chose what they use in their everyday life).
> more important, what i want to do can be mainly done as an external
> (even though using private interfaces), and so there is no real need to
> internalize these objects (it's not something like a loader-mechanism,
> which is virtually impossible to implement without touching Pd-core)

you often say that iemguts is very experimental and can be broken in the
next day (due to developments in pd gui or something?). there are some
very interesting things there, like the externals dealing with parent
patches. Using these with abstractions would make it much easier to depend
on $0-variables and still use independently programmed abstractions (I
myself use as many $0 as I can, but sometimes can't use abstractions as
well, because they have a different $0).

Are these externals going to stay there, should we be using them? or is it
just a temporary thing, until you get better things to do?

João