[PD] installation / configuration problem? getting od to make noise

Bernhard Garnicnig bgarnicnig at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 01:37:24 CEST 2010

Dear pd users,

since several weeks I'm stuck with a Mac Mini [1] on which I just
cannot get pd (0.42-5 and 0.41.4-extended using both portaudio and
Jack on Mac OS 10.5.8 and now 10.6) to output any sound when running
testtone.pd. Yes, compute audio is enabled ;-) I've gotten pd to run
just fine on other Mac and Windows based machines, but I seem to be
unlucky with this particular one. Is there any chance someone else
ever had a similar problem, or anyone has any idea on how to debug
this? I'm out of ideas. Let me know if you need any more information
about the Any help would be much appreciated!

All the best,
Bernhard

[1]
  Model Name:	Mac mini