[PD] vd~ one-sample delay?

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 10:46:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've realised that when using vd~, even if you ensure the execution
order so that you can have a delay of less than one block, any delay
less than one _sample_ will result to a delay of one sample.

Why so?

I guess it is related to the 4-point interpolation, because in order to
compute the first point you need one extra point that is not available
at delay 0. However, I don't see how that completely explains a
one-sample delay: this only affects the very first sample of the delayed
signal, there's no reason to have the whole signal delayed one sample.

With tabread4~ for example, when you feed a value <1 you get the value
of sample 1 (i.e. the second sample) (which is not the correct behaviour
either, imho, but anyway it only affects the first sample), but for any
value >=1 you get the interpolated value with no delay...

What am I missing?

thanks
m.

--