[PD] Vu-Meter - WAS: nusmuk_audio

colet.patrice at free.fr colet.patrice at free.fr
Mon Apr 26 11:41:34 CEST 2010

----- "Peter Plessas" <plessas at mur.at> a écrit :
> colet.patrice at free.fr wrote:
> > now it just need to display correct db values
> gem_vu ist designed to be used with the prvu~ abstraction (Musil,

yes, this object is quite usefull, in fact I meant that I need to set up
the amplitude modulation for getting a correct db value with the slider,
over a logaritmic scale, then the slider setting and the test signal average amplitude
should have almost the same value.

> IEMabs). This abstraction outputs a list with peak and rms values. The
> peak value gets displayed as the number in gem_vu as well as the single
> line within the vu meter. The rms value gets displayed by the big vu-bar.
>
> Does this help?

yes certainly, for the moment I've found

[slider value between 0 and 1]--- [rmstodb]--[- 100] to fit almost log scale,
but the need is for having 0db at height * 4 / 6, something like that