[PD] Relative path behaviour strange in GOP abstractions

saint saintidle at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 15:59:31 CEST 2010

Anybody?

> I'm on pd vanilla windows version 0.42-5.

I've a patch that relies
> heavily on file IO abstractions (sitting happily in the 'extra' folder), which
> are invoked by the main patch which until recently has been located in a
> different folder. These abstractions start looking for certain files and folders
> via 'makefilename' into the 'textfile' object like...

|read
> ../../$1/$2.txt(

I tried to make an abstraction (also located in 'extra')
> that was GOP. It used 3 instances of the file IO abstraction, where one instance
> was visible on parent and the 2 others hidden.

What I found was that the
> hidden abstractions began their relative path in the 'extra' folder as they
> should...

|read ../../$1/$2.txt( ... ...worked for the hidden
> only.

...but the VISIBLE abstractions began their relative path search in
> the PARENT'S patch folder. Such that...

|read ../$1/$2.txt( ... ...worked
> for the visible only.

Can anybody replicate this bug/suggest a
> workaround?

(The paths must be relative, as I need to port this
> around)

Thanks in advance as always,
John.