[PD] Piezo device comanding a bang in Pd through arduino

Peter Plessas plessas at mur.at
Mon Apr 26 16:19:00 CEST 2010

Camilo Cadavid Corredor wrote:

>> Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 07:54:31 +0200
>> From: plessas at mur.at
>> To: cccadavid at hotmail.com
>> CC: pd-list at iem.at
>> Subject: Re: [PD] Piezo device comanding a bang in Pd through arduino
>>
>> Camilo Cadavid Corredor wrote:
>>> Hello, I am new to arduino. I plan to connect a piezo device which can send a signal to b recognized by pd as a bang. I was able to download the firmware into arduino, and worked with the popular example of connection to pd found in the web. Now i am interested in knowing what .pde file should I program for the piezo device to be recognized. Finding out how I should connect the piezo to the arduino, and rewireing this to Pd.
>> Not sure what you are trying to do, but could connecting the piezo to
>> the computer's soundcard, and detecting a volume peak within pd, do the
>> same thing?

> You are right. It would be the same thing. The final goal is to connect a wii mote and control it with pd with several movements, controlling pan, volume and Eq in any DAW. This question was really just to getting started with arduino. I want to check its latency and see how efficient it is.

Not sure if I get you right here, so let's see:
When you use a Wii via Bluetooth into Pd then you don't really need the
Arduino (unless there's Arduinos with Bluetooth already). Simply make Pd
output Midi controller values which you assign to level, pan, aux etc.
in your DAW.
Another nice thing could be to make the Arduino output MIDI directly and
I think this is not too hard, search the big garbage pile called
internet. This would be the equivalent to building a midi fader box
essentially.
Others might be better at this: If you want to control a DAW's panning
with the Wii, be advised that it does not detect rotation. Meaning: If
you hold it like a TV remote control and pan it left and right like a
compass needle, this does not get detected by the accelerometer.

cheez,