[PD] -nosleep flag not doing anything? (Ubuntu 10.4 - Pd-extended 0.42.5)

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Fri May 7 16:36:33 CEST 2010

Here it works:
$ pd -nosleep
Gives one of the CPU's 100% load fulltime. No need to run in root for this.
My startup alredy boots pd with -rt flag and I have the limits.conf tuned as
reported on the wiki/documentation.

The system is:
$ Linux 2.6.31-9-rt #152-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT RT Thu Oct 15 05:01:14 UTC 2009
i686 GNU/Linux
(Ubuntu 9.10 rt)
(The CPU is a *AMD* Turion 64 X2 TL-60.)

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 8:31 AM, Ingo Scherzinger <ingo at miamiwave.com> wrote:

> Well, I tried running Pd both as a normal user (with realtime rights) and
> root (from the console). In either case case the gnome-system-monitor said
> "sleeping" unless I went over 50% CPU usage for a moment with that
> particular pd patch.
> I'm using an AMD Athlon II X2 250 dual core with 3.0 GHz.
>
> Ingo

Pedro Lopes
contacto: jazz at radiozero.pt
website: http://web.ist.utl.pt/Pedro.Lopes