[PD] Gigs with Pd

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu May 13 13:33:53 CEST 2010

I will be working on a gumstix or beagleboard setup on the fall for robotcowboy and should have my embedded pd scripting/software environment and software available for download.  I've found a number of guides on running Ubuntu on both of these platforms and would appreciate any info you have on compiling pd, etc.

On May 7, 2010, at 12:46 PM, Ricardo Lameiro wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> Well i do have in mind some ideas i want to implement with pd/hardware, one of them is using a single board computer to run pd
> without GUI, just using some little lcd screen. Maybe using a beagle board, that features a ARM Cortex A8 that has some floating point support, with the NEON instruction SET(I will need to recompile Pd for that).
>
> Other than that i can also post the Hardware/Setup i used on some performances.
>
> The hardware list is :
> Computer - Dell Studio 1737
> Audio Interface - Edirol FA-101
> MIDI Foot controller - Behringer FCB1010
> Bassoon bocal pickup
> a wireless send/receive from Sennheiser
> and sometimes I use external sensors, like the wiimote, or some others connected to an Arduino board.
>
> Software side is:
>
> OS: UbuntuStudio,
> Driver/sound server: Jack/FFADO
> and of course, Pd
>
> I have a video of one of the performances, it was my first public performance using RT effects and using Pd,
> It is not very good, but I am looking forward to improve it.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNsOtl8ia0k
>
> 2010/5/7 Pierre Massat <pimassat at gmail.com>
> What kind of documentation would you like?
> I can tell you about the hardware:
> - Dell D520 Laptop with Intel Core2 Duo, with Fedora 12 and the Planet CCRMA rt kernel.
> - EMU 0404 USB soundcard (2 ins 2 outs)
> - A small Shure transformer to turn the balanced output of the soundcard into an unbalanced input for the amp.
> - Foot controller made off the cheapest USB analog gamepad one can find (I'd recommend going for a higher quality, though...)
>
> I could send you some pictures of the controller, too. As i said before i doubt that my patch is written well enough for it to be worth sharing. Yet i'll always be there to help if someone wants to make his own.
>
> Pierre
>
> 2010/5/7 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
>

> It would be great to see some documentation of this setup so that others can learn from it.  You might be interested in Pd on Android, iPhone, Maemo, etc. and other mobile devices.  Mobile devices are getting quite powerful, and they are already small.  Then you'd even have a battery powered setup ;)
>
> .hc
>

> On May 2, 2010, at 8:37 AM, Pierre Massat wrote:
>
> Hello everyone!

> [...]

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com