[PD] GridFlow 9.9

Patrick Boivin pboivin at gmail.com
Sat May 15 21:21:12 CEST 2010

Hi Max,

On Sat, 15 May 2010, Max wrote:
> Am 15.05.2010 um 19:53 schrieb Mathieu Bouchard:
>> is it hard to install it from gridflow.ca at this point ?
>
> no, actually not at all - it is very easy and on OS X putting it in
> /Library/Pd/ is great, because then it runs in every version installed
> on the system which knows [import] (so not the GUI rewrite versions
> from the autobuild afaik, but the standard Pd-etended installation).

I haven't tried GF with gui-rewrite on OSX yet. But it works fine with
vanilla 0.42.5, as long as you load Gem before loading GF. You need to
add them to your pd-path and then add "Gem" and "gridflow" to the
startup libraries.

On my system, I use ~/.pdrc for telling pd-vanilla to load Gem from pd-extended:

-path /Applications/Pd/Pd-0.42.5-extended-20091203.app/Contents/Resources/extra/Gem
-lib Gem
-path /usr/src/gridflow/gridflow-svn
-lib gridflow

> and (except the camera i didn't have time to dig into that) everything
> works - great stuff matthieu, thank you.

My built-in isight camera works fine. Take a look at #camera-help.pd.
Changing [#camera] to [#camera 0] will tell GF to look for the first
available camera.

Patrick