[PD] no reverb or delwrite~, delread~ working with -nogui onUbuntu 10.04

Ingo Scherzinger ingo at miamiwave.com
Mon May 17 13:16:58 CEST 2010

Sorry, I din't mean to offend anybody about not caring about bugs. It's
frustrating when you're not in the position to fix problems like these
yourself (because of missing programming skills).

I'm pretty sure that there are still several bugs related to that same
problem. Probably caused by the bug Mathieu pointed out with the sampling
rate not being initialized correctly. I had this with [susloop~] before.
Then I was lucky to write an abstraction with [loop~] to replace it. It's
just very difficult (and time consuming) to find the source of these
problems since you don't have the graphical representation where you can
trace these bugs in "realtime".

I hope there is not too much more of this coming up.

Ingo

It's not that we don't care, maybe it's more that we don't care *as much as
you* right now since things are working, but I feel your pain.

Did you check this bug? http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2724318&group_id=55736&atid
=478070> &aid=2724318&group_id=55736&atid=478070 it relates to -nogui
starting up too fast and trying to connect to the sound device *before* port
audio is ready for it to do so ...

Sounds like a similar problem I had last year which cause me to go a bit
frantic as I was reinstalling my setup on a new Ubuntu (9.04) before a show.
Luckily, the following fixed it for me (although I think you guys already
tried this ...?).

[delay 100]

|pd dsp 1\

Now I am hesitant to upgrade my Ubuntu ...