No subject

Mon Jun 7 12:09:39 CEST 2010

1) What is the the limit imposed by the pdgui->pd connecetion
2) my folderx.pd patch does not work because it does not handle spaces
in file names! What to do?
3) check out the included jpeg... what's all the garbage????

Maybe the solution would be
1) to use TOT to find the number of files in a folder
2) then use TOT to retreive the name of one file at a time with a float
message like in PLAYLIST for osX and linux. Tried to do it, but kept on
crashing PD because I do not know TOT scripting.

Please help! No need for a gui.

Tom
iamonthebeach at hotmail.com

SUBJECT------------------------------

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:25:58 +0200

--------

hi Ben,

this is a bit cryptic, but hopefully works:

query set dir [tk_chooseDirectory] .: if .($dir != "" && ![catch .(glob
[file join $dir *.txt].) res].) .(set res.)

Send this to a [tot .] -> [route bang] and read from the right
outlet of the route.

The trickier problem is, how to deal with large lists of filenames
-- there is a limit imposed by the pdgui->pd connection.  I think
one way would be to metro-out the filenames one-by-one?  Or store
them in a temporary file to be read into a [textfile]?

Seems like it is a hard time without a [folder] clone...

Krzysztof