[PD] MIDI In-to-Out Latency

Jim Aikin midiguru23 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 6 06:33:42 CEST 2010

On 6/5/2010 8:08 PM, Pagano, Patrick wrote:
> it's probably midiyoke which has notoriously had issues with Vista and now i assume 7
> try midi maple

Thanks for the recommendation, but I've already established that it's
definitely NOT a problem with MIDI Yoke. The throughput from the
hardware MIDI input, through MIDI-Ox and MIDI Yoke, to Cubase does not
exhibit latency.

However, Pd by itself (MIDI in from the Firewire 410, audio back out to
the Firewire 410 via Asio4all driver) has _more_ than 100ms of latency.
It's completely unplayable as a real-time instrument. And MIDI Yoke is
not in the loop.

Soooo ... I'm still hunting for a solution. (Other than "use Max" -- I'd
prefer to use free software if possible).

--JA