[PD] MIDI In-to-Out Latency

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Sun Jun 6 14:29:29 CEST 2010

>there should be an item in the Media menu that says "ASIO (via portaudio)"
that should be checked >in order to use the ASIO drivers.
Yep, there should be. I use ASIO via portaudio in Windows XP with PD. Maybe
your ASIO is not well configured.

>I seem to detect a bit of Linux snobbery in that comment. I'm a big fan of
open-source software, and if >you can suggest an open-source DAW for Windows
that has all of the features of Cubase (by which I >do mean "all," not
"some"), I'll be overjoyed to switch to it as my primary platform! But if I
have to do >without important features ... not gonna switch.
It wasn't meant to be snobbery, just showing possibility and a comparison
with my XP and my Ubuntu on the same machine - but definitely I don't want
to generate a "windows vs. linux" thread :D
As for open DAWs, Ardour is very good. I've used Cubase 5 because in one of
my musical projects one of the members uses it to record, and it is very
very good - a lot of interesting improvements from the previous versions (I
recall using Cubase 3 some years ago). I don't have the time to compare all
the features of Cubase v.s Ardour but I know some that Ardour is leading is
OSC support - which is a really nice feat (irecall reading this [1])

Best regards and keep posting the results, maybe we can figure out what the
issue is,
Pedro Lopes

[1]
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2010/04/07/want-a-daw-that-supports-osc-try-ardour-free/