[PD] How I got [hid] working with mouse on Ubuntu Lucid

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 22:11:45 CEST 2010

On Jun 10, 2010, at 5:48 PM, ailo wrote:

> Does  http://puredata.info/docs/tutorials/HowToReadHIDDevicesInLinuxWithoutBeingRoot work for you still?
> If you like I can update the howto later, once I'm more comfortable with the udev rules.

Well, I wrote it from old notes I had but I didn't test it at the time ... obviously a mistake. Now I updated and tested it with the version of Ubuntu I have (Karmic).

Check it now: http://puredata.info/docs/tutorials/HowToReadHIDDevicesInLinuxWithoutBeingRoot

Also, you don't need to ask permission to update the wiki. Just go ahead and if there are any problems we can always revert to an older version. I may have written it, but everyone should be able to to update the content and my stupid mistakes (such as this one).

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com
robotcowboy.com