[PD] plugin~ external

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Jun 12 18:18:14 CEST 2010

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010, patko wrote:

> First thing, the other day you were complaining that someone posted a
> quote from you without all informations, my sentence has been cropped
> after the comma, I was also saying that changing anything in someone
> else's object would at least need a discussion about it, may be I missed
> it, and apologize if it's the case.

ok, I'm sorry.

> Even if it doesn't change the code, it changes the behavior, it's
> completely like rewriting the object.

I understand.

> In what you've explained before, it seems that the call of [print]
> object involves mystic processes that wouldn't come to our attention if
> this discussion didn't happen.

I haven't used anything mystic since I used the Mystic KEY in Final
Fantasy One. That's like 20 years ago. All the rest is jokes.

> "Too much elaborated" would mean that it follow a kind of elitistic way
> of doing things, like keeping a code undocumented, but in fact I was
> more thinking about the build system when I wrote this sentence.

If you have questions about the build system you should ask them. You
don't get documentation without a target audience. Who is the target
audience and what do they want in the documentation ?

>> How much money do I have to make with it before it becomes a profession
>> and a professional tool ? Do I have to wear a tie ?
> It's not about of money, it's about uses in a professionnal context,

What is a professional context, if not about money ?

> most of pd users have choosen this tool because it's free and has a lot
> of possibilities, but it doesn't offer quality and stability that a
> professionnal tool is supposed to have,

who says a professional tool is supposed to have that ?
what's that "quality" thing ?

> for me artistic activities is not in this context, or the art is dead.

Can you elaborate on that ? Sounds interesting...
How would you define "dead" ?