[PD] HID double event bug

James Dunn james at 4thharmonic.com
Tue Jun 15 13:16:42 CEST 2010

I filed a bug report some time ago here:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3002665&group_id=55736&atid=478070
Just tested this with Pd version 0.42.5-extended-rc2 on Ubuntu 10.04 and
it's the same. Basically I get two events for each key press like this:

[hid] opened device 4 (/dev/input/event4): AT Translated Set 2 keyboard
print: key key_space 1
print: key key_space 1
print: key key_space 0
print: key key_space 0

Thought I'd mention here too as surely this is a bug? Not a major
problem, but it means I always need an [alternate] object or similar.
This then became a problem when working on a patch for two note chords
when the key commands do not always arrive in the same order and some
notes would stay on.

James