[PD] software license for pd general patch?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jun 29 15:31:22 CEST 2010

On 2010-06-29 13:45, João Pais wrote:

> well, how often do you use click tracks? do you have many pieces for
> instruments + conductor with complex metrics, and/or tempi changing at
> each bar e.g. as in the music of Ferneyhough, Emmanuel Nunes, Carter...
> are you familiar with these composers?
> the patch is available in my pd page for more than a year now, did you
> look at it?

what are you trying to say with this (apart from offending people's
musical background)?

> I'm just being realistic, it's not a value judgement. If I had made a
> nice vocoder with online streaming, that would be much more interesting
> for this community.

what's this nonsense about being "realistic"?
 on which grounds do you build your reality?
what's this nonsense about "this community"?
 what makes you think that this community prefers phase-vocoders over
compositional structures? the available help-patches? the fact that
there are few orchestral pieces presented at Pd-conventions?

i've been publishing software for years now, and i never tried to be
"realistic" before publishing it. some of this software has been
successfull (and is used by a lot of people; iirc, your click-tracker
uses some of my objects) and other has not.
pretty all of my code is highly domain-specific, and thus probably not
very appealing to you (are you interested in matrix maths? in graphics?
in click-tracks? in live-coding? in 3d-sound? in website rendering?).
still some of these domain specific things have found there comunity.

what i want to say is that you should not make assumptions about people
whom you don't know at all.

mfgadr
IOhannes

PS: funnily, i have been helping a bit with a click-track system for 35
independent (click-track wise) voices, using a Pd object i never thought
about in the context of click-track.

PPS: for what it is worth: i cannot remember you announcing anything
about your click-track patch in the past; even so, the webserver-logs
show that it has been downloaded about once per week. i don't think this
justifies as being totally unrealistic.