[PD] software license for pd general patch?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Jun 30 18:38:48 CEST 2010

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, João Pais wrote:

> I'm just being realistic, it's not a value judgement. If I had made a nice
> vocoder with online streaming, that would be much more interesting for this
> community.

You don't know this community, and neither do I.

It just doesn't work like this.

There aren't many things you can be sure about what can work in this
community, apart than the fact that if people shared only the things that
are sure have a chance of becoming popular upfront, the whole community
would stop functioning at all and everybody would just leave.

I always do my things for the 1% or 2% of the community that cares about
my patches, because if they can care about my patches, they deserve that I
don't count them as being part of the community that doesn't care about my
patches. There are enough people doing the same, that all those individual
1% and 2% add up to a very large proportion of what's being produced in
the pd community.