[PD] Only one instance of Pd can produce sound in Ubuntu

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 20:31:40 CEST 2010

Hi,

If I open multiple instances of Pd in Ubuntu (doesn't matter whether
vanilla or extended or mixed), only the first one has sound. No matter
whether I set "alsa" or "oss" in Media.

(btw I'm sure I had seen also "portaudio" listed but now it's gone)

Usually there's no problem in having multiple applications send sound to
the same output device (not sure whether the same can be said about
input)...
Is there something I'm missing that will allow multiple Pd's to send
sound to the output just as multiple applications do?

thanks
m.