[PD] Having two or more versions of Pd (both extended or both vanilla) in Ubuntu

Ricardo Lameiro ricardolameiro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 23:42:46 CEST 2010

Not the best and efficient way, but you could try a virtual machine, if it
is only for testing the GUI rewrite.
The problem is that both install to the same folder and also have the same
binary name "puredata", you could try to change the make file to change the
binary name and also the install path to another folder. I think thats what
HC made on Extended.

2010/6/30 Matteo Sisti Sette <matteosistisette at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> So it is relatively easy in Linux to have both Pd Extended and Vanilla
> (actually easier than in Windows).
>
> Now, how can I have for example two or more versions of Vanilla?
> I'd like to give a try to the rewrite-gui version but also have the "old"
> stable 0.42.5 for everyday use...
>
> In Windows I used to have more than one version because I often need to
> check differences in behavior, or check in which version a given bug was
> fixed or introduced, or a given feature added....
>
> (yeah all versions shared the same registry folder i.e. same settings, and
> so did even extended and vanilla, but I could live with that)
>
> How do you do that in Linux?
>
> Thanks
> m.

Fagote / Contrafagote