[PD] software license for pd general patch?

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 5 00:41:35 CEST 2010

>> I'm not excluding anyone, or criticising "the community" (not a good
>> term,
>> but I brought it up). If I would be critisicing anyone, it would be me,
>> for
>> not having the same interests as the majority.
>
> Do you understand that NO-ONE here has the same interests as the majority
> of those who are here ?

not exactly the same, but there will be overlaps. that was what I wanted
to say, that I think that there will be more overlaps for other things
than for what I've done.
when you put out a new version of gridflow, there are several replies from
people that try it out, etc etc. When I put my abstractions out, I get no
reply at all. I guess it's safe to say that there is more interest in the
pd list for gridflow than for some small abstractions, right?

> And then what's that ________ about criticising yourself for not having
> the same interests as the majority ? I don't understand that (well, I
> have
> hypotheses, but I just wish they're all wrong, so, I'd rather hear you).

I didn't criticise myself, or anyone else - that was my point, there's no
critique to be made. in the previous mail IO thought I was rubbing off
that I know these names and he doesn't. I mentioned the other composers
because it was mainly for their music (and music of the same genre) that I
did the patch.