[PD] get the position of the mass in the same order than the creation with MSD

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jul 8 09:35:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 02:13:34AM +0200, Jack wrote:
> I have a problem with MSD (exactly [MSD2D]). When i send [bang, get
> massesPos mamasse( to [MSD2D], the output order of the positions of the
> masses is not the same that the one which was given during the creation.

Maybe you'd like to test my [physigs] abstraction? It's a pure vanilla
particle simulation that uses dsp objects to drive the mechanics and
stores everything in tables, so you always know the particle order. And
if you only need the order to be able to store positions in tables,
well, they are already in tables, so you don't need to do any copying.

[physigs] has shown comparable speeds with pmpd in my tests. It's a bit
thwarted by the calculation of links which has to fall back to message
computations, but maybe you don't use links? :)

Get it at http://github.com/footils/physigs and read my paper on the
LAC2010 site: http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2010/?page=program

Ciao
--