[PD] popen vs shell bug

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jul 8 18:52:53 CEST 2010

On 2010-07-08 18:27, Pedro Lopes wrote:
> The fun side of being open source is also this one. As Ive said before I can
> try to help with this object from 16th up, but even so I'd never would do it
> for Windows, simply because I have no interest in it :) But once again, the
> beauty of open source is that if a thing is readable enough and easily
> extensible, it then can be altered to fit more operating systems. (beware
> that the differences between OSs will show at some point... that's something
> to consider*).
>
> * i.e.: I have no clue on how to run a process on the background of the
> shell in Win. Nor how to kill a process, and so forth...

me neither.
but i do know that there are no signals in w32 as we know them from un*x.
if an object is designed around features not available on a certain
platform, chances are low that the object will ever be available on this
very platform, regardless of whether there is a team of experts waiting
to port it or not.

fmasdr
IOhannes