[PD] gem -- antialiasing?

Samuel Burt composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 04:31:33 CEST 2010

So, knowing about antialiasing is making me very excited.  I just
tried it on a MacBook Pro (Nvidia onboard graphics) in OS X.

With FSAA 0, I had no antialiasing.
WIth FSAA 1, I could see the jagged line effect reduced.
With FSAA 2, I could see double the antialiasing effect.

Past FSAA 4, I couldn't ascertain whether there was any difference.

I'm wondering if this is documented anywhere.

Also, I noted a huge drop in framerates when running antialiasing with
a patch I made with seven regions of video feedback.  I will have to
try it later with the dedicated Nvidia graphics card running.

I'm still wondering if it is possible to add blur to layers or create
lens focus blur with Gem.

Sam