[PD] Fwd: Disabling of packages to build...

Funs Seelen funsseelen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 00:01:18 CEST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Funs Seelen <funsseelen at gmail.com>
Date: 2010/7/31
Subject: Re: [PD] Disabling of packages to build...
To: meino.cramer at gmx.de

  2010/7/31 <meino.cramer at gmx.de>

> Hello Funs,
>
> Funs Seelen <funsseelen at gmail.com> [10-07-31 22:28]:
> > Hello Meino,
> >
> > 2010/7/31 <meino.cramer at gmx.de>
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >  while fighting for a successful compilation of Pd-0.41.4-extended
> > >  the build process falls over a certain package which I have now
> > >  decided to exclude.
> > >
> > >  Where can I disable the build and install of packages from
> > >  Pd-extended?
> > >
> > > What do you mean with "packages"? Building pd depends on some packages
> (as
> > I recently learned for example "tk8.*-dev"). You can't exclude them, but
> you
> > just need to install them:
> >
> > $ sudo apt-get install the_package_i_need
> >
> > If you mean "libraries" or "objects" editing "Makefile" might be helpful.
> >
> > $ nano Makefile
> >
> > But then I would rather build pd-0.42-5 and install the external
> libraries
> > you need or listen to Hans and build his latest release candidate (I
> don't
> > know where he hid the source code). 0.42-5 makes editing a little easier.
>
>  I checked out pd-extended-0.42 (release code) and tried several
>  times to compile/installed it but it failed due to errors, which
>  are not based on missing dependencies. And finally I gave up.
>
>  Now I tried the stable pd-extended release and again fall over
>  packages not compiling.
>
>  I am frustrated about that.
>
> I can understand.

>  I think I gave it up finally.
>
> If you "think" you gave up and you're not sure 100% about that here are
some possible solutions:

- Quit working on it for now and wait at least until tomorrow;

- Tell us what system you are running (maybe others have had the same
problem before or have an already-built-package for your platform) &
- write down the output of the errors;

- Download pd-0.42-5 http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.html, install
"tk8.5-dev" (if using linux) and build it (see "README.txt") &
- install the libraries you need afterwards.