[PD] Gigs with Pd

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 00:23:37 CEST 2010

Yeah, do make the move to Linux. And don't give up after trying out Ubuntu
(or whatever) and finding out that i won't work properly on your machine. I
tried at least three different distros of Ubuntu and Pure Dyne before i
installed Fedora. I don't believe anybody can tell for sure which distro
will work fine on your computer, but there has to be one. Just be patient!

(Slightly off topic) Just in case, i'd recommend downloading and burning
Gparted Live and Super Grub Disk before you start experimenting with various
linux distributions. They'll come in handy when it comes to formating your
linux partition and accessing Windows again.
Also, when you have a linux distribution installed, first thing you should
do is download and install the realtime kernel (when available), and then
try JACK to see what the minimal latency is. If it's not way less than in
windows then there's something wrong. Then download, install and run Pd, and
make sure it works normally (it didn't in Ubuntu 9.04 on my laptop).

Pierre