[PD] Gigs with Pd

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Sun Aug 1 19:22:45 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Jeffrey Concepcion
<jeffreyconcepcion at gmail.com> wrote:
> i already have an acer netbook, but the issues there are horrifying
> latency and breakup of the sound (at least on windows), pierre's solution
> seems like my ticket for now, as i don't need to have the system on me.

FYI,  we have purchased some recent eeepc (I cannot tell exactly
which, I don't have the info at hand).  It was pre-loaded with windows
7.  I installed ubuntu loaded with the necessary libraries and pd.  I
have experimented with running our pd patches under windows but the
performance terrible compared to linux (even before tweaking any
settings to improve performance).  I could run the same setup on an
Acer Aspire One but the processing is not very intensive, in any case.
 On the other hand, I do not know how to make Windows efficient, it
must be possible since there are so many people relying on it for
performance and studio work.

./MiS