[PD] Gigs with Pd

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 22:29:11 CEST 2010

I don't know much about this, but i'm pretty sure you can't get as low a
latency as that of Linux and Mac OS in windows. The thing is that
"performance and studio" doesn't mean anything per se. If you only need a
drum machine or a sequencer for your performance, then you don't really care
about latency at all. Same for recording. Latency only becomes a problem
when you need to process your sound in real time (if you want to apply an
effect on a voice for instance), or when you need to do some overdubbing
(recording a track while listening to another). For this you need a real low
latency, which implies direct access to the processor for your audio data,
and i don't think Windows allows that.