[PD] Yet another post about cpu consumption... (for Linux users)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Aug 5 19:22:44 CEST 2010

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010, cyrille henry wrote:

> are you sure that your CPU frequency did not change?
> i sometime have this problem : the CPU slowdown to save some power,

It's worse when the CPU slows down for another reason, such as to prevent
it from going too hot. Then you can actually accelerate your CPU by
cleaning your fan. That's what I did with my laptop recently and it solved
that problem for me. It's a good idea to disable the power-saving feature,
but it's a bad idea to disable the temperature-protection. Instead, solve
the temperature problem by lowering the temperature...