[PD] detect character in a symbol?

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 7 23:30:10 CEST 2010

Hi,

a quick question: I wanted to detect a character in a symbol, in order to
route that symbol in a different way. Afaik, there is no object that does
that, so the only way would be to decompose the symbol in ascii values,
and then detect it.

Btw, this would also be used to decompose the original symbol into several
parts (e.g. 123as78 -> 123 as 78). As before, the only way I imagine it
would be doable in Pd would be through ascii decomposition.

Any better ideas?

Thanks,

João

--