[PD] [FM Discuss] Portuguese translation of the PD manual

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Aug 14 00:34:55 CEST 2010

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, Ildomar Gomes de Carvalho Junior wrote:

> A tradução não é exclusivamente para pessoas que não compreendem o Inglês,

It's also a matter of feeling more at home, regardless of actual skill.

I want to find a way to translate help patches while keeping track of the
changes in the original language so that the changes can be translated
without making mistakes (such as forgetting to translate some changes).

But it's very difficult with Pd because, among other things, the order of
the objects (and comments) in a file changes every time you edit, so, it's
impossible to have a programme that can tell you which comment of one file
corresponds to a comment of the other file.

It will require some quite capable externals.