[PD] dislocated cursor on comments

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Aug 17 02:17:18 CEST 2010

On Aug 16, 2010, at 2:28 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Eduardo Patricio wrote:
>
>> I don't know if it's a known bug or not. But I found that if I use
>> accents like '^' in my comments and I want to make some later
>> corrections (deleting a letter, typing more etc.)the cursor appears
>> dislocated. I'm running Pd-0.42.5-extended-rc4-macosx104-i386 on
>> OSX 10.6.5. Am I missing anything?
>
> Is GridFlow loaded ? It forces Pd to use UTF-8 (Unicode) on OSX, so
> that it produces patches that are loadable on Linux, and so that I
> can write accents at all in Linux. Then it also has that side
> effect, that the cursor is off, because I couldn't make a complete
> fix of Pd from within an external.
>
> The complete fix of character encodings was published at the
> beginning of the year, but Miller and Hans don't want to apply it on
> Pd 42.
>
> I'm betting that there won't be a 'pd-extended stable release' with
> proper UTF-8 handling until late 2011. That's why I made this hack
> last year.

UTF-8 is slated to become an official part of 0.43 vanilla.

Its unfortunately that you have merged DesireData and gridflow into
one project.  I think it will cause lots of problems having gridflow
modify Pd itself.  If there is one thing we have learned in the
history of Pd, its that big libraries that are collections of
everything are problematic.

The arc of history bends towards justice.     - Dr. Martin Luther
King, Jr.