[PD] GEM Neupert Tutorial '10-av-more control'. How do I play more than 1 video?

J bz jbeezez at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 16:30:29 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Been sat here for the last couple of hours going round and round and I am
stuck stuck stuck.

I have recently come across the Neupert tutorials(attached patch based on
10-av-more control) which are excellent, miles better than my attempts for
audio/video sync.

Anyway I am very stuck with this problem:

I want to play 3 avi.s which are in [pix_buffers].
1 file plays fine but as soon as I add another pd crashes.

I attach the patch.(av_plyr3.6)

Not attaching the avi.s and audio as I guess it's pointless? they work
seperately.

My hunch is it's something to do with the [pixbuffer_filmopen] patch and/or
the use of $0 but I just can't figure it out.

Any pointers/fixes gladly received - deadlines looming etc...

On a friends windows machine as it's super fast, so it's:
windows 7
most recent pd-extended

Very sure it's user-error though.

Cheers,