[PD] Fwd: GEM Neupert Tutorial '10-av-more control'. How do I play more than 1 video?

J bz jbeezez at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 23:36:59 CEST 2010

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for that, I will check it out.

Jack,

The machine I was testing with today was very souped-up and the [dsp] object
never got over 25%.

I don't know if this would make a difference but the avi's are slightly
longer than the audio, if the audio is driving the sync is it possible that
that could cause the crashes?  Also audio is 32bit floating point, if that
could make a difference?

Still somewhat unsure about the best way of using the abstraction, if as I
thought, to use 3 files I need 3 gemheads, how can I use 1 abstraction that
contains a single gemhead?  That was the impulse to use three different
files.  Then if I'm using 3 different files, why do I need to use $0, apart
from good coding practice??

Guess I'm thinking aloud here.

With the first version that I made, all the files load fine and play, though
there is now no sync now I stopped using [readanysf~].  S'pose one of the
joys of pd is that there are umpteen ways of skinning any particular feline,
though I really don't have the time to be starting from scratch again with
this.

I'm going to make the audio 16b and trim the avi's so they are the same
length as the audio.

Otherwise I'm really unsure what's going on.... This whole codec thing is a
bloody nightmare.

Will try again tomorrow.

Cheers,

Jb