[PD] GUI Panels

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Wed Oct 6 01:02:05 CEST 2010

hi Dom,
I didn't quite understand what you meant exactly by "switches", but a
comfortable way I found to move panels (namely GOP subpatch/abs) is using
iemguts.

Although iemguts is not included in pd-extended (and you'll find the reasons
in a recent discussion on the list, you'll need to compile it) I found it
worth to use it, 'cause it makes all this kind of things really easy.
However I seem to understand that you can have similar functionality in
GridFlow too, but I never used it so far, so I couldn't point an object/s.

With iemguts you can simply move a GOP or any other subpatch/abstraction
with:

[120 30 (    x/y position

[send mypanel]

then inside your "panel"

[receive mypanel]

[canvasposition]

[canvasposition] uses arguments to define whether to communicate to the
parent patch, or the one it is included in.
There used to be a help-file which you could refer to.

> nobody?
>
> On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Dominic Pflaum <dompflaum at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to have panels on PD which can be switched?
> >
> > I want to make a GUI that will have in total 1600 switches. Obviously
> this
> > will not all fit on one screen.
> >
> > Is this possible, and are there any examples of such things?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Dom
> >
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/attachments/20101005/8eb9a87e/attachment.htm

> End of Pd-list Digest, Vol 67, Issue 21

Marco Donnarumma aka TheSAD
Independent New Media Arts Professional, Performer, Teacher
Ongoing MSc by Research, University of Edinburgh, UK

PORTFOLIO: http://marcodonnarumma.com
LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://cntrl.sourceforge.net |
http://www.flxer.net
EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net