[PD] default.pdextended in the latest 0.42.x extended release and failure to load some of the libs

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Dec 1 19:39:27 CET 2010

They are part of pd-extended, and they build properly on the build
machines.  Check the nightly builds for more info:
http://autobuild.puredata.info/

.hc

On Dec 1, 2010, at 1:26 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> However the cxc library and markex are a part of the
> default.pdextended file provided in the packages/linux_make dir
> which means that they are apparently a part of pd-extended, yet they
> fail to build properly using default build scripts. So are they a
> part of pd-extended or not?
>
> Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:
>

>> You have the right source for that file, packages/linux_make. But I
>> don't think your problems below have anything to do with that file,
>> rather how the libraries were built and installed.
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On Dec 1, 2010, at 12:00 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
>>
>>> These are however included in the example default.pdsettings inside
>>> of the packages/linux_make folder. Hence my confusion. So, where is
>>> the "official" default.pdsettings then located?

>> All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
>> one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
>> language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war on
terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom