[PD] Gridflow+ L2Ork pd-extended (was: L2Ork pd-extended release candidate 1 now available)

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sat Dec 4 05:35:31 CET 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 10:06 -0500, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2010, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
>
> > I am not sure if you already mentioned this but did you actually try
> > recompiling gridflow from scratch or are you using one of the
> > precompiled packages in conjunction with the l2ork pd-extended?
>
> If you do this, then you also need to modify "bundled/m_pd.h" to add that
> field. Well, I think GridFlow still would work if you replace the m_pd.h
> by the one from your pd distro, but I won't guarantee that this will work
> in the future. I'd rather have a loadtime check for the size of
> t_widgetbehavior.

FWIW, I just compiled gridflow from scratch having replaced g_canvas.h
(as per my earlier email) and it works just fine here. That said, there
are a couple tutorial patches that when triggered crash immediately but
others are rock-solid which leads me to believe that this may have to do
something with a specific lib gridflow is linked against and/or an
object within the library rather than point to an incompatibility with
l2ork iteration of pd. Some objects are also missing inside the patch
(they fail to be created). Camera input also works perfectly fine.

All this is with ver. 9.12.

HTH

Ico