[PD] GUI plugins

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Dec 5 04:02:33 CET 2010

On Dec 4, 2010, at 8:31 PM, András Murányi wrote:

> 2010/12/5 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
>
> On Dec 4, 2010, at 7:41 PM, András Murányi wrote:
>

>>> 2010/9/13 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
>>>
>>> Hey András,
>>>
>>> Since we are in bug fixing mode for 0.43, now is a good time to
>>> test your GUI plugins, so we can make sure that they work in
>>> 0.43.  Your plugins-plugin.tcl is a good example.
>>>
>>> .hc
>>>
>>> OK, you'll find plugins-plugin rewritten and attached. Later i'll
>>> add it to the wiki too...
>>>
>>> Now i'd rewrite my other plugins, and the first would be a simple
>>> one binding fullscreen to F11 - but it seems keypresses are
>>> already captured and i cannot get a hold of F11 any more from TCL.
>>> Is that right or am i just lost?
>>>
>>> Andras
>>> <plugins-plugin.tcl>
>>
>> Excellent!  I just tried it out, and got a problem when I unchecked
>> "set_custom_stored_histores".  Here's the screenshot and error log:
>> <Picture 1.png>
>> bad option "-index": must be -all, -ascii, -decreasing, -
>> dictionary, -exact, -glob, -increasing, -inline, -integer, -not, -
>> real, -regexp, -sorted, or -start
>> bad option "-index": must be -all, -ascii, -decreasing, -
>> dictionary, -exact, -glob, -increasing, -inline, -integer, -not, -
>> real, -regexp, -sorted, or -start
>>     while executing
>> "lsearch -index 0 -exact $startup_plugins $shortname"
>>

>> oops. "lsearch -index" turns out to be a 8.5 thing (and you
>> probably have 8.4), so i'll need to require 8.5, as I cannot even
>> work this around.
>> Thanks for pointing it out!
>
> Ah, yes, works fine with Tcl/Tk 8.5
>
>> (can you, by any chance, give me a hint on bindings...?)
>> Andras
>
> Sure, what help do you need with bindings?
>
> .hc
>

> ...now i'd rewrite my other plugins, and the first would be a simple
> one binding fullscreen to F11 - but it seems keypresses are already
> captured and i cannot get a hold of F11 any more from TCL. Is that
> right or am i just lost?
>
> Andras

Hmm, as far as I know you can always bind to any keystroke.  Just be
sure to not override the built-in bindings and use a + before the proc
in the bind statement.

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.      - Martin
Luther King, Jr.