[PD] Gridflow+ L2Ork pd-extended (was: L2Ork pd-extended release candidate 1 now available)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Dec 5 18:13:29 CET 2010

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> This is not actually in m_pd.h but in g_canvas.h according to the
> original pd code. All other includes (apart from g_canvas.h) have
> remained intact.

Ah, yeah. But to me, now, the difference doesn't matter much, as GF comes
with both .h files in advance.

> More so, since this is the last entry and I have a check inside added
> l2ork code whether this last entry is null before trying to invoke it
> (and if it is null then fall back to the regular version of displace) it
> should not require any alteration to the code other than making sure
> that the source at compile-time is referencing newer version of
> g_canvas.h.

But I want all GF binaries to work on both your pd and pd-extended (and as
much as possible pd-vanilla too).

> I've recompiled most of the externals that come with pd-extended (still
> waiting to hear back from Hans why the latest SVN snapshot fails to
> compile flatspace, toxy, and flib) and none of them have any problems
> whatsoever

It just means that none of them are made so that the binaries work on
several versions of pd at once. I don't care about those. I want binaries
that work on several versions of pd at once. (Can I repeat it once more ?)

> (sure there is a warning at compile-time how that last widgetbehavior is
> not initialized properly but that does not matter when the code checks
> for null pointer before trying to invoke it).

This only works because the struct is directly a global variable, and not
a result of malloc.

If the pd-l2ork binary of GridFlow happens to work with pd-extended as
well, it's a coïncidence... with a picky debugger, you'd find that there
is a bug with copying a small t_widgetbehavior as if it were a large one.
I need some kind of if-statement to fix that.