[PD] Tip of the Day

Lorenzo Sutton lsutton at libero.it
Mon Dec 6 10:42:30 CET 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [PD] Tip of the Day
From: Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com>
To: pd-list at iem.at, Lorenzo Sutton <lsutton at libero.it>
Date: 06/12/10 10:26

IMHO *that* is a very good idea.. searching for some library/external
one doesn't always use and can't remember the exact name (including
upper-lowecase mixes) can be a headache and often ends up with clumsy
and not-so efficient find  . -iname something in the
/usr/lib/pd-extended dir :)

I can't recall if there was some discussion on the list about help files
"best practices", ideally there should always be a comment or the object
itself with a brief (meaningful) description like:

[osc~] - cosine wave oscillator

This way one could easily index externals and abstractions... I had
hacked a python script to create a single html page of an extrernals dir
a while back but it was pretty crude.

Lorenzo