[PD] Tip of the Day

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 22:02:58 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>     What do people think of the little "Tip of the Day" windows that
> are in some software?  Are they helpful?  Annoying?
>
> Either way, I made one in Pd.
>
> Seems like this could be useful to beginners.  And at the moment
> they're no longer useful one can just turn them off. (Or they could
> be turned off by default and live in the help window.)
>
> A prototype is attached. [hcs/folder_list] and [ggee/button] are the
> externals used.
>
> -Jonathan

Annoying for me, even if i'm interested in the software. But that's just me.
For those who find it useful, this could be developed into something that
can really be started up when pd starts - sounds like a plugin? :op
One way is to rewrite it as a plugin, another is to make a plugin which
loads the patch at startup. Either way i'd be happy to help you.

Andras