[PD] new license for pidip and unauthorized WAS: pd-pidip into Debian

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Dec 7 16:30:51 CET 2010

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, Pagano, Patrick wrote:

> pdp_mgrid

I don't quite understand why people do motion detection with squares like
that. I use a generic motion detection that gets me the centre of the
motion, and then when I rescale the values, it may split the possible
results into bands or squares because of rounding (if I quantise them).

Nevertheless, if I have a picture of size (240 320 3), I can make groups
of rows and columns, for example I [#redim (15 16 20 16 3)], which turns a
picture into a 5-dimensional grid, and then if I [#transpose 1 2], I will
have a 5-dimensional grid that is a 2-dimensional grid of 16x16 icons.
After that, many effects and analyses that GF can do on pictures will also
work on such groups of pictures without any change.

But more simply, if I want an average of each 16x16 icon, I don't need to
go 5-dimensional, I can just do [#downscale_by 16 smoothly] and that's
all.

> pdp_cmap
> pdp_ctrack
> pdp_ascii
> are essential

I'd like to know what it takes for you to call something «essential». Do
you mean that there is no other way to do it with Pd, or just no other way
to do with with PDP ?

> pdp_qt will be obsolete when we get either pix_film OR pix_movie or
> whatever to play audio directly from a movie without extra table banging
> [hopefully this exists somewhere]

There's [#in~], which is rather experimental. It uses [#to~].