[PD] [PD-dev] pd-pidip into Debian

ydegoyon at gmail.com ydegoyon at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 20:27:54 CET 2010

ola,
> Just wondering, now that PiDiP does not have a 'free' license, does
> that mean I could get into trouble if I use [pdp_ctrack] and/or
> [pdp_mgrid] in patches for potential use in a commercial theatre
> performance or other kind of installation? What does commercial mean
> in this regard, is it ok if application of a patch that holds these
> objects in a performance or installation brings me money?

the fact that cultural workers are paid for their work
doesn't mean they work on commercial projects,
as they don't make publicity to sell cars, telephones
or promote the wine industry of their country right?

let's say commercials is what is interrupting movies on tv, ok?
simple enough no?
> Also wondering if this whole discussion affects puredata_opencv?

no, the change of license doesn't affect opencv,
as only all the authors can decide of it,
and although lluis understands why i made the change
on _my_ code, he doesn't want to go to that extreme.

i made this because i'm tired of seing some of my code
used in bad contexts... that's all.

salut!,
sevy